Recently, our team took a few moments to reflect on 2020 -- via Slack, how 2020 is that? -- and what it has meant to us, both personally and professionally. Shamelessly borrowing from David Letterman (if you don't know what I am talking about, click here), here is Pitchly's Top Ten List of Things We Learned in 2020.
Top Ten Things We Learned in 2020
- There’s a virtual service for just about everything now (including one called Pitchly, which we think is pretty awesome.)
- Kids and partners and pets are great, but they are not great coworkers. So demanding -- and noisy!
- Being an introvert is a huge mental advantage during a pandemic quarantine.
- People are much more flexible and resilient than they thought they ever could be -- even lawyers and accountants.
- Tracking deliveries is the newest spectator sport. And if you want UPS to arrive quicker, start a Zoom meeting!
- Working from home is a euphemism for living at work.
- Meetings have stopped being a chore and became a way to actually talk to real people.
- A blank canvas unleashes previously undiscovered talents and creativity. (Sourdough, knitting, Zoom dance parties!)
- Trust is everything.
- Hard times reveal what really matters and that the only way through is together.
- What have you learned? We'd love to hear from you.